Glass Roof Pergola Cape Town
ADVANTAGES OF HAVING A GLASS PERGOLA
Have you ever thought about having a glass roof Pergola in your home? Because that is the proposal of our glass pergolas. This structure, which is traditionally made of wood, has been covered with glass for some time now, making it more modern and functional.
Modernity and elegance
The pergola has always been a structure known for its rusticity, but the glass roof ended up transforming the aesthetics of this structure, adding modernity and elegance. With that, the pergola is no longer just a structure for external use, it starts to integrate the internal areas as well.
One of the biggest advantages of the glass pergola is the possibility of increasing the incidence of natural light in the environment. Therefore, it ends up being a great option for indoor environments that need natural lighting reinforcement.
Better use of external areas
Unlike the traditional pergola, where part of the roof is hollow, the glass model allows for total coverage, contributing to better use of the external area. In other words, with the glass pergola, you can continue in the garden or another outdoor area without fear of the rain or wind. The pergola also protects against UV rays depending on the type of glass and tint you choose.
Where to use the glass pergola
The glass pergola is very versatile, as you may have noticed. This structure can be used in different ways in different spaces.
In outdoor areas, for example, the glass pergola can be installed over your deck, garage, gourmet spaces, balconies, gardens, terraces and swimming pools.
Caring for the glass pergola
There are some important precautions to ensure that your glass pergola always remains beautiful, resistant, and durable. See the following tips:
- In places where access for cleaning the pergola is more difficult, the tip is to opt for self-cleaning glass. This type of glass has an interesting characteristic of repelling dust particles, making just the wind and rain enough to keep the pergola clean.
- Be careful where the glass pergola will be installed. Preferably, avoid installation in places that may suffer from knocks, falling branches, or other materials.
- The glass pergola allows the cultivation of plants, as in other types of the pergola. Prefer those with a pendant effect that better fit the structure of the pergola.
- Periodically, it is important to carry out maintenance on the pergola structure, evaluating the condition of the pillars and roof fittings. If the structure of the pergola is made of wood, check regularly for the presence of termites, which can quickly wear out the pillars and cause serious accidents, such as the fall of the structure. Also, beware of excess moisture that can damage and oxidise the structure.
- For maintenance cleaning of the glass pergola, use only neutral detergent and a broom with soft bristles. Prefer cleaning on less sunny days to avoid stains on the glass surface.
Check out our glass Pergola installations and get inspired:
Contact Pergola Pro for a Site Survey and Quotation.